Who doesn't love fried chicken and tacos? So why not put them together as Fried chicken tacos:)
These tacos are amazing! They topped my favorite restaurants tacos, that's how good they are! The tomatillo salsa is the perfect hint of sour and spicy. And if you have leftover salsa(which I doubt you will) you can use it in the morning with scrambled eggs.. Yummmzer!
Total:35 min Plus 2hr marinating
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
4 large boneless chicken thighs with skin(about 5 ounces each)
pounded 1/3 inch thick
1/2 pound tomatillos, husked and quartered
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 serrano chiles or 1 large jalapeno with seeds, chopped
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoon cilantro leaves
1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
large pinch of cayenne pepper
vegetable oil, for frying
warn corn tortillas, for serving
1. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of the lime juice with 1 teaspoon of salt, stirring to dissolve the salt. Add the chicken thighs and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, garlic, onion and cilantro and process to a coarse puree. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and stir in the avocado and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season with salt.
3. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, black pepper, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
4. In a large skillet, heat 1/3 inch of oil until shimmering. Dredge the chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Fry the chicken over moderate heat until well browned and crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
5. Cut the fried chicken into thin strips and serve with the tomatillo salsa and warm corn tortillas.
Give them a try, you wont be disappointed.