Who doesn't love burgers and fries!
When I got married, my husband had only one request from me, and that was to learn how to perfect a juicy burger. This has been his favorite food all his life! Talk about appetite ha.
I tend to make this twice a month due to it being a real fatty meal.
Through the years I've learned to perfect this dish & I'm ready to share my secrets with you:)
Things you will need for the fries
cooking time 1 hour
makes 3 servings
3 large russet potatoes
(I like to leave the skin on but you can remove it if you like)
2 quarts canola oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Cut the potatoes into 1/3-inch slices and then slice into 1/3-inch sticks.
2. Fill a bowl with water and soak potatoes, submerged, for at least 30 minutes. This will help remove the excess starch from the potatoes and keep them from oxidizing.
3. Heat a heavy pot with canola oil to 325 degrees F.
4. Remove potatoes from water, and pat dry to remove excess water.
5. Add 2 handsfuls of potatoes to oil. There should be at least 1-inch of oil above the potatoes. Par cook until potatoes are light brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Remove potatoes, gently shaking off any excess oil and let drain on rack or paper towel. repeat until all the potatoes are par cooked.
7. Raise heat of oil to 350 degrees F.
8. Cook potatoes again, 2 handfuls at a time, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from oil, shake off excess oil, and season lightly with salt and pepper mixture.
Now on to the burger!
Things you will need
1 pound ground chuck (80 percent lean)
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt & pepper
1. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each)
from each portion loosely into 3/4-inch thick burger and make a deep depression into the center with your thumb. Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper. Cook the burgers in the oil on medium high heat for 4 minutes until achieving a delicious crust on each side.
1 minute before removing the burgers from the skillet, add the cheese. Cover until the cheese is melted about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let rest for 1 minute.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you decide to try any of my recipes please hash tag me on instagram or twitter #nytrendymoms. Thanks for stopping Trenders:)