Salmon & Cabbage isn't something you straight off the back think you'll be making for dinner. Something I always say, "try it, you might end up loving it"
Ok, lets start
Things you'll need
bundle of your favorite herbs (I use dill & cilantro)
2 slices of salmon (with skin on)
salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the cabbage, chop the tomato, shallots and herbs. Put in bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon on the cabbage mixture. Salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium low heat.
- Salt & pepper the salmon on both sides.
- Place salmon in skillet skin side down for 4 minutes or until skin is crisp.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes, then place in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 3 minutes
- Tadaaaa! Ready to eat:)
Easy, delicious and healthy. I wanted to post this before the holidays so you can know what to eat after you're regretting eating all that turkey w/ gravy & pumpkin pie, yes I'm talking to you!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, Happy early Thanksgiving.