“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Smirnoff via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Smirnoff.”
I just got back from my
very short trip in Chicago and am happy to have brought back a few amazing recipes from chef Gale Gand to share with you all. Today I wanted to share a few fun and entertaining ideas to help you on your next celebration. After all Labor Day is only a few days away.
Given the fact that my schedule has gone from 0-60 in the last few months, I have less time to prepare things or plan ahead so these recipes are perfect for busy individuals like myself. These ideas are easy, delicious and did I mention they're... EASY!! The first recipe is a delicious appetizer, Pea + Garlic dip served with thinly sliced London broil served on a crostini. This is the perfect little 'meal' for a girls night in while the kids are at grannies or to simply serve as a starter in your next family gathering.
Pea + Garlic Dip
1 lbs of frozen peas (thawed)
2 garlic cloves
6 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
8 mint leaves
crostini to serve
1. In a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse for 15 seconds.
2. Scrape the sides with a spoonula and pulse for another 5 seconds.
3. Smear on crostini and sprinkle each one with kosher salt.
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt and pepper
1. Add 1 tbsp oil to a cast iron skillet (on medium heat).
2. Add oregano, salt and pepper on both sides of the meat.
3. Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes (covered with aluminum foil).
3. Cut thin slices against the grain and serve.
Fruity Ice Cubes
1 lemon (sliced into 5)
1. Cut strawberries and lemon slices in quarters.
2. Add all fruits into the ice trays. Fill with lemon water and freeze for 4 hours.
3. Serve Smirnoff Ice with one or two cubes and enjoy!
I hope you liked these ideas/recipes and use them in your next party!